Who doesn't want to win SOMETHING? ? ?

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A couple of weeks ago I made a Starfish necklace (a few of them) for gifts to family and friends for Christmas. I posted a pic of the necklaces on facebook and people loved them. So I got the bright idea to GIVE one of them away. After I posted the rules, swarms of e-mails began pouring into my mail box. I had counted on maybe, at the very least ten or twenty entries. By the time the contest was over, we had over 450 entries and I decided to make another Starfish necklace because there were so many people entering. Then I realized, who doesn't want to win something? ? ?

The funniest thing about the contest was my ONLY stipulation was that everyone send e-mails to my none dominant e-mail account theholebeadshop [!at] bartnet.net and there were so many entries sent to my other e-mail address that I began to write those people back and tell them their entry wouldn't be counted.

The saddest thing about the contest was that many entries were accompanied by a NOTE stating: I NEVER win anything so I KNOW I won't win here either (or something similar?) And I thought this is supposed to be FUN and FREE? It made me sad that so many of our entries were already sure they were a loser. . .

So a Facebook fellow beader is having a CONTEST and asked that a few simple rules be followed. I dare say she was smarter than I for having her contestants do a little "FREE" advertisement for her! So I oblige Ms. Carol Dean Sharpe by advertising HER blog and ETSY shop here. . .
http://www.etsy.com/shop/sandfibers
http://sandfibers.blogspot.com/2010/01/first-sand-fibers-1000-giveaway.html
And I will say......CONGRATS to the WINNER! I HOPE IT'S ME! :o) muhahahaha
Thanks for reading. Thanks for being here. Post. Comment
XoXoXo
Kelli

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...