Pumpkin Stand. . .

Saturday, October 3, 2009


I just happened upon this picture and thought if there was a place to purchase pumpkins in the world, this might be the most PERFECT PUMPKIN PATCH ever!

when I first moved to Oklahoma I began to notice one thing in particular that I really hadn't experienced in my "adult" life....SEASONS. I've lived here 13 years and I think there has been one year without a full four seasons. Please do not take the fact that I mention experiencing four seasons to mean that I like living through all four seasons. I actually really hate Winter. I don't like snow. I don't like SLEET. I hate ICE. And yes, I hear all the sighs. Oh, a winter wonderland is so beautiful all the white glistening snow and branches covered in ice is magical. Yep. Until you try to walk. Work or drive. And let's not forget about clean up? Damage to trees, houses, cars, roads, etc. The actual taxes we pay every year that go towards ice/sleet/snow clean up are astronomical. Also, the winter weather kills my business. We almost get no clients if the weather is in climate. So I absolutely hate the winter season. Winter is dreary, bitter, damp, bone numbing, chapped & cracked body parts, miserable. . .

But as my picture suggests, Fall is on the horizon. I can smell it when I go outside. The cooler weather and almost complete absence of humidity is wonderful here in Oklahoma. Coming from Arizona where there is almost no humidity and no winter. You can possibly begin to understand my reluctance to experience all four seasons. And in case you're even faintly interested, I thoroughly enjoy Fall, Spring and most of summer. If summer were sans buggies, it would be perfect.

Live. Love. Laugh. Blog readers.
Thanks for being here. Thanks for reading. Post. Comment.
Kelli

1 comment:

flaurena™ said...

I HATE SNOW TOO! And yet I live in New York, where the winters are brutal. I guess I'm just thankful I don't live somewhere farther north...

But that pumpkin photo is utterly charming - did you take it? Where is that place?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...