Trade Show Series (cont.) Guest - The Sparkling Pat Riesenburger

Friday, September 2, 2011

A continuation of Pat's sparkling personality shining through in her answers to our Trade Show Series on how to become a large venue trade show.
Pat made this shirt!

8. Can you share tips for increasing sales:
I have had good luck with packaging special product mixes that offer customers a broad selection for one low price.  Additionally, I like to have an expansive range of price points so as to take advantage of any and all impulse purchases.   I always advertise a big giveaway so as to grow my email list.  While this does not impact show sales, a large email list sure does impact my “after show” sales.   I also endeavor to be a walking billboard for my product line-----killer jewelry is always a must!  Finally, I like to do demonstrations…they attract attention and interest while giving me something –other than the weather or some other inane topic---to talk about!  Someone who might have simply walked by the booth will be inclined to stop—and buy--- if I am teaching a technique or two.

9.Outside of shows, how do you market yourself or your brand:

Blogging is a big part of it, as are free tutorials and videos.  I try to stay active on social media---it is so important! I am diligent about sending out customer E-newsletters---I couldn’t stay in business without them!




One of Pat's adoptee's - Cooper!

10. Do you use a standard setup for every show you attend or do you adjust your setup for each show:

I haven’t done enough shows to have a standard set up yet!

11. OPTIONAL: What reason would you give your clients for attending shows as a buyer, even if you were not a vendor:
Trend watch!!!!


Stunning Fiber work! 
12. Optional: What makes you continue to attend shows as a vendor – i.e. money, marketing, social networking:
Shows have not been big money makers for me if I look only at the show receipts.  I do them for the exposure…there is a heck of a lot of residual.  It gives me an opportunity to build my e-mail list, enables me to touch base with other vendors (who often become good friends), and keeps me abreast of the industry.  Trade shows are CRITICAL!

Like what you’ve read? Find Pat’s blog The Crafty Retailer
Our next guest – a man who changed my life – Andrew Thornton.

Leave a comment. Share it, join us - check a box. Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...